Sunday, November 4, 2007

Shopping bags and more

Recently, I have been doing a lot of thinking about my next entry into the blog. Little did I know it would have to do with something so simple which we use in our everyday lives.

It all started as I was looking at the paper bags which I had lying around my office. It suddenly occurred to me that these paper bags did 1 thing fairly well which was to advertise their own brands.

However, I noticed that these paper bags did not communicate as to how an individual could get better connected to the brand on the paper bag.





Imagine this, here you are sitting at a nice little cafe having a latte when all of a sudden someone walks by with this really interesting paper bag (i.e. as per above). You think to yourself, “what an interesting design but unfortunately there's no way I can contact this company / brand.” You then say to yourself, “ I'll probably google the brand when I'm next on line...”


Here's the truth of the matter...I'm pretty sure that in today's uber busy lifestyles, many of us would probably have forgotten about “googl-ing” that brand and probably gone on to do other things when we next get in front of our PC / Mac's.



So I was thinking to myself, why won't companies put their contact details (e.g website) on their shopping bags? Would that not make it easier for potential customers to interact with their brand? After all what other purpose does that bag have other than to expose potential clients to your brand? I imagine it would look like this bag which I found in Hong Kong.



Thus, It is my strong belief that more and more companies should take as many opportunities as possible to communicate their brand presence to potential customers. God knows we get so little opportunities to interact with customers these days... So companies out there, I think the above shopping bag has set an example for us all to follow.

Signing off for now.

No comments: